SAIL is a parent led organization that seeks to support home schooling families by providing both academic and elective classes for older students. All classes are taught from or adhere to a Biblical perspective that emphasizes the following foundational truths:
- The Bible is the inerrant, infallible Word of God.
- God exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Man fell into sin through his disobedience.
- Jesus Christ paid the penalty for mans’ sin through His perfect life, His sacrificial death, and His triumphant resurrection.
- Eternal life is available to those who confess and repent of their sin, and put their trust in Christ alone as their hope of salvation.
- Christians have the Holy Spirit as an indwelling Person, enabling them to live lives of faith, repentance, virtue, and obedience.
Since different denominations and viewpoints exist within the larger Christian community, SAIL seeks to abide by the following basic principle: “In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity.”
SAIL classes are offered as a Biblically-based educational option for Christian families. Participating families are not required to adhere to the statement of faith above. However, all SAIL parents and students should recognize that classes are taught from a Christian perspective, particularly when dealing with worldviews, and/or discussions of origins, history, ethics, and literature.